Job DescriptionNumerous Substitute Teacher openings for Lees Summit School District, offering flexible schedule with no nights or weekends and the reward of contributing to community youth! Ideal candidates will possess: the ability to adhere to policies, promote a structured environment, remain calm and think clearly in a variety of circumstances, and works well with a diverse student population. Training is provided and no prior experience required. Positions pays $100 per day, and other benefits available.
Provide instruction for scheduled lessons, manage the classroom environment and promote student learning in the absence of the regular District/School classroom teacher. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assume duties of the regular District/School classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules.
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by District/School principal.
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate.
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the School/District lesson plan.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly.
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the School/District lesson plans.
- If serious or disruptive student behavior problems occur, seeks assistance from a neighboring District/School teacher or a building administrator.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain and/or assist in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly Services, District/School, state, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
Must have at least 60 college credits or more, any subject matter
Maintain an active Missouri Teacher Certificate; or
Maintain an active Missouri Substitute Teacher Certificate; request through Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE)
We would love to discuss the position with you during a phone interview. Please visit https://calendly.com/dampier/phone-interview to arrange a date and time.
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you’re looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we’ll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you’re new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.