A Materials Management Specialist job is available with Kelly Engineering Services in the Shreveport, LA area for a consulting opportunity with a state-of-the-art technology company. Looking for a candidate that is highly motivated and talented project manager to join a very dynamic and rapidly growing product line. Materials management specialists coordinate the supply of materials from the point of purchase to deployment or use. Your will ensure that materials management is thoroughly integrated with other PSCM, SPU and logistics activities. Assist in the develop of materials management strategies to meet customer needs by leveraging a network of supply partners, processes, tools and technology to provide the most advantageous cost within the optimal value proposition.
- Provides verification of materials received in plant insuring that the quality requirement on chemistry and properties is complied.
- Analyze demand, inventory, and program usage to develop and manage weekly and quarterly supply plans.
- Coordinate closely with marketing, supplier management teams, and sales to develop supply plans for program expansion and support while maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Document and review costed BOM, materials status, production date, and all other associated cost.
- Assist in managing materials from procurement, samples from OEM, or engineering team
- BS/BA with 2+ years comparable professional experience
- Minimum 2+ years in Materials Management, Supply Chain management experience.
- Previous experience in product planning, production control, inventory management, or production/manufacturing ops.
- Proficient with Excel.
- Able to think strategically and tactically, excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player and communicator.
- Detailed oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability/experience working in constantly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Good Excel skills.
- Technical expertise and prior OEM management experience a plus.
- Candidate must be able to act as a liaison between the business and technology groups to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions.
- Please Local Candidates Only and must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) to facilitate access to facilities.
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Apply directly to this position via this job posting using a WORD document version of your most up to date resume and send me a copy directly for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.