Customer Service Representative / Highland, Illinois
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative for one of our top clients in
Pay rate: $16.00 per hour
Work Hours: Mon – Fri. 1st shift
Job Description: Customer Service Representative
- Handle between 70 to 100 calls, faxes or e-mails per day
- Responds to inquiries or problems on stock, orders and quotations for sales ranging from $50.00 to $1,000,000
- Communicates directly with customers and outside sales representatives via phone and email to represent the company and obtain orders
- Advises customers of availability, price, and terms in line with standard parameters. Exercises limited authority in pricing to meet competitive pressures
- Coordinates with other departments to quote lead times and delivery dates for product which is not in stock
- Accurately processes all customer requests including orders which are received via phone, fax or electronically from reps, distributors, OEM’s & internal sales personnel
- Returns material authorizations and credit requests in the appropriate database
- Follows up as necessary with other departments (i.e. Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Finance) to ensure delivery dates are met, and proactively communicates delayed shipments to customers
- Resolves problems with shipments or invoicing. Issues return authorizations and enters replacement orders as necessary
- Issues quality notifications and escalates to appropriate team members for analysis and correction
- Coordinates with B-Line production, engineering, and accounting departments for the processing of credits
- Ensure issues are escalated to managers for prompt investigation and action as required
- Advises customers on use and application of products.
- Associates Degree from accredited institution
- 1 year of experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- 1 year of experience interacting with customers, subordinates and other members of management
- 1 year of experience answering 70 to 200 phone calls, faxes or emails per day
As a Kelly Services candidate you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.