Epidemiologist II – Austin, TX
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking Epidemiologist II for one of our healthcare clients in Austin, TX. This role will support with the Coronavirus.
As an Epidemiologist II, you will be responsible for performing investigative and consultative epidemiological work in Acute Infectious Disease Unit related to outbreak response. Collects and analyzes, interprets, and distributes epidemiological data on infectious diseases in Texas. Provides telephonic and electronic technical consultation to public health professionals, healthcare providers and general public on the epidemiology of infectious disease outbreak investigations.
- Supports statewide disease surveillance activities. Performs morbidity data entry for various notifiable conditions as needed into the National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS). Reviews incoming NEDSS case and laboratory reports for completeness and accuracy. Resolves disease reporting issues working with the team lead and manager. Assists epidemiologists in NEDSS data clean-up activities on a quarterly basis and makes recommendations for improving data quality and the reporting process.
- Epidemiologic investigations and studies: Participates in infectious disease outbreak investigations for high consequence infectious disease and other notifiable conditions (Prion disease, Respiratory, Vaccine Preventable, Foodborne, Multi-Drug-resistant Organism) by coordinating data collection with local and regional health department partners, abstracting medical data from hospital and medical records, designing or modifying questionnaires or report forms, interviewing exposed persons and/or cases, coordinating collection and transport of clinical specimens, performing data analysis using statistical programs, assisting with recommendations for control measures. Analyzes and interprets epidemiological data, including laboratory findings. Creates, maintains, and distributes databases using applications such as NEDSS, Excel, Access and EpiInfo.
- BS in Public Health or related field
- Relevant experience is required
- Flexible to work extended hours and possibly weekends
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.