Kelly Services has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a contract temporary opportunity to work as Associate Scientist II/Scientist I at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in North Chicago, IL
Pay rate: $22.50/hr
Contract length: 6 months W2
DDST has an opening for an Associate Scientist II/Scientist I in the Organic Chemistry area. This position will provide opportunities to learn how to work in an organic chemistry laboratory and use multiple programs associated with compound registration.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Register and return known compounds to the AbbVie chemical repository
• Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
• Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
• Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to AbbVie policies.
• AS or BS in Organic Chemistry or closely related field with 0+ years (AS) or (BS)
• Hands-on experience with organic compounds in an organic synthesis laboratory
• Ability to accurately transfer and weigh out compounds in a laboratory setting
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety software platforms
• Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists
• Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively
• Experience with working with a variety of different computer programs
• Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day)
• Travel: No
• Job Type: Experienced
• Schedule: Full-time
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resumes. Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Also, feel free to follow up via email to RACS113@KELLYSERVICES.COM
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.