Position Title: General Laborer
Supervisory Responsibilities – No
Location: Sanford, NC – zip code 27332
RPH $10.00 PER HOUR – Temp to Hire
Shifts 1st 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. OR 2nd 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. OR 3rd 11:00 p.m.-7:00 a.m.
Weekly pay – 40+ hours (must be flexible to work Saturdays – depends on production needs).
- Our Client is looking to hire General Laborers. The Laborer transports materials and/or supplies manually or with automated/semi-automated vehicles. Loading and/or unloading of production parts; utilizing best practices in personal Safety and part Quality. Load/Unload parts to/from Racks for processing. Load/Unload parts to/from boxes, totes, carts, etc.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic Set-up and Operation of Manufacturing equipment
- Takes action to correct unsafe acts, systems and procedures
- Facilitate material movement in the department or throughout the plant
- Disassembles, sorts, repairs, and salvages parts as necessary
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in continuous-improvement teams in the area.
- Actively participate on 5S team and complete 5S duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma or GED (produce a copy)
- Must be able to pass applicable assessments
- Must be available to work overtime including weekends
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months recent manufacturing experience.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions in English
- Basic Math skills – ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Dexterity is critical for this role. Associates will utilize their fine motor skills to work with small parts in order complete certain task.
- Able to perform tasks with little to no direction
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you meet the above requirements, please call us and let us know which shift you are available to work: Please contact: 919-708-5227 office #. Or you may reach a recruiter: 919-628-4966. If you know of someone that is looking to work and has met the above requirements, have them give us a call.
Kelly Services is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.