Kelly Services is seeking a Software Technician for a global power leader in Columbus IN.
Job Title: Software Technician
Location: Columbus IN
Type: Contract (W2)
Length: 12 months
Pay Rate: $20-25/HR
* This is a Monday – Friday position with working hours being 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Overtime may need to be worked on occasion including hours on Saturday.
Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing IT-related problems that adversely affect operations in terms of line downtime, productivity, quality, or delivery for the plant.
* Troubleshoots data flow issues between the line and the IT systems.
* Identifies missing data and performs selected recovery procedures.
* Identifies application/system performance issues and resolves selected scenarios.
* Troubleshoots non-routine printing issues (sequence cards, data plates, and various reports) for the printing system, which includes the printer hardware, printer queues, network, supporting applications, supporting databases, and PLC messaging.
* Makes authorized software changes to resolve production issues.
* Reprints missed labels and reports.
* Contributes to development and support of software products as assigned; assists with assigned software products tests as documented.
* Uses Windows operating systems interface.
* Uses problem tracking systems to update and maintain problem database.
* Takes corrective actions to basic issues based on problem reports and change requests as needed to ensure high-quality software products.
* Capable of shutting down and restarting applications and databases.
* Reports on production issues and root cause
* Develops and documents troubleshooting and recovery procedures.
* Identifies repeat problems and recommends longer term solutions.
* Understands and applies appropriate Company and department rules and guidelines to work.
* Knows and complies with departmental safety policies and procedures; maintains cleanliness in the workplace.
* Adheres to all CMEP IT and Corporate procedures.
* Demonstrates confidentiality as required.
* Participates in improvement projects.
* Participates in self- and team-audits and associated corrective action.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to get the job done.
Qualifications and Competencies:
* High School Diploma is required. Manager would prefer to see candidates with a completed Associates Degree.
* Manager is seeking candidates with experience in:
o Oracle PL/SQL coding
o Coding in general
o .net would be really helpful
o Experience with different printers would be great! On the job training will be provided on the different printers they’ll be working on.
*** If this position may be of interest to you, please email me back at email@example.com (with your most up to date resume, for further consideration) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached. If not for yourself, feel free to share this opportunity within your network! ***
Professional Technical Recruiter
Kelly Services, Inc.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.