Ph.D. Scientist – Cancer Biology, CRISPR, & Drug Discovery ** NIH ** Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Ph.D. Scientist – Cancer Biology, CRISPR, and Drug Discovery to support the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractor shall:
(1) Develop Cas9 stable transgenic cell lines.
(2) Perform in vitro cancer screening assays using lentiviral CRISPR systems.
(3) Perform adenoviral and adeno-associated virus infection experiments.
(4) Perform in vitro functional tumor biology assays including proliferation, migration, and invasion
(5) Develop new project ideas with the principal investigator as it relates to sinonasal and skull base tumor biology.
(6) Locate and review the literature pertinent to projects to identify the most applicable protocols and methods; perform experiments in accordance with protocols.
(7) Work with staff on the modification of laboratory protocols and experiments based on literature findings.
(8) Develop strategies to answer cell biological questions related to tumorigenesis.
(9) Perform tissue and cell culture; use sterile technique.
(10) Maintain and culture human and mouse cancer cell lines for in vitro experiments.
(11) Perform experiments with primary tissues explants and cells in culture; discuss projects with PI and others.
(12) Prepare tumor cells for in vivo tumor implantation.
(13) Develop in vitro cell lines from human primary tissue specimens.
(14) Perform multiple molecular biology techniques including ELISA, western blot, and PCR.
(15) Stain frozen sections of tumor tissue by immunofluorescence and analyze with epifluorescence and confocal microscopy.
(16) Troubleshoot and optimize immunofluorescence protocols.
(17) Perform a variety of specialized tissue fixation, embedding, sectioning and staining techniques (bone decalcification and sectioning, frozen tissue sectioning and serial sectioning) to demonstrate a variety of tissue components or materials present in tissues, as required.
(18) Analyze data using FlowJo and GraphPad Prism software.
(19) Maintain records of all experiments in laboratory notebook, including planning, execution, outcome, and evaluation of experiments performed.
(20) Work with lab staff to help mentor and train junior lab members and train lab fellows.
(21) Attend laboratory meetings and present findings to staff.
(22) Prepare presentations for NIH, regional, and national meetings.
(23) Provide occasional administrative lab support if necessary, including maintenance of stock solutions, maintenance, and troubleshooting laboratory equipment, and ordering and stocking of lab supplies. Ordering within pre-determined stock lists and/or with appropriate NIH official approval is required.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor must have:
(1) PhD degree in a related discipline.
(2) Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a research laboratory that includes experience CRISPR/Cas9 techniques and lentivirus screening techniques.
(3) Ability to maintain accurate and detailed laboratory records.
(4) Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
(5) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
(6) Maintain universal precautions and follow SOPs for BSL-2 handling and analyses of human blood, tissues, and cell lines, including human papilloma virus positive tissues and cell lines.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.