Molecular Biologist (Microbiome Research) - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Molecular Biologist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Actively participate in team-based research aimed at systematically characterizing the composition of the microbiome in healthy and diseased tissue.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation, operation, maintenance and experiments, taking tissue samples, isolating DNA/RNA and then preparing them for analysis with the Miseq hardware from Illumina, and then performing the sequencing run.
- Interpreting, evaluating, and discussing the results of each experiment with laboratory team as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
- Design and manage necessary troubleshooting and protocol optimization.
- Maintain accurate sample tracking and data management.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment, and in managing biological materials.
- Operate and communicate effectively in a group, team-oriented working environment. Work with and support others in a collegial, open, respectful, and interactive working manner.
- Be skilled in problem solving throughout the lab, calling technical support to troubleshoot problems, initiate service calls or repairs, and interact with field service engineers and field application specialists for repair and optimization of computational technologies.
- Stay current with latest protocols, applications, scientific methodology, sample handling and processing relevant to next generation DNA sequencing technologies.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific field. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalentto a Ph.D.
- Three years of experience in a science related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Access experience).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience communicating with peers and management of a scientific nature.
- Proficient at experimental design quality evaluation and troubleshooting technical aspects of sample prep/sequencing (experience with robotic sample preparation equipment such as epMotion or similar is a plus).
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing quality control analysis is a plus.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We’re always thinking about what’s next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.