Job DescriptionEvery day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We are currently seeking a Distribution Associates in the Rocky Mount, NC area for all shifts. Candidates who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply immediately.
- Unload inbound purchased materials using pallet jack or forklift as required.
- Sign freight bills and delivery receipts after verifying number of packages received and their condition, noting any shortages or damage.
- Verify product to the PO, correct part, correct quantity, and correct packaging/markings of inbound freight. Notes any discrepancies on parts shortage/overage sheets.
- Perform testing and inspections of inbound purchased material in accordance to a test plan. Input technical data into quality system. Segregate non-conforming products to prevent use.
- Perform audits of kits produced
- Perform timely and accurate receiving transactions into company-s warehouse management system.
- Print and apply barcode label to all products, at least to the case label.
- Relocate material from receipt location to storage location within 24 hours of receipt.
- Gather and input data on a selected number of key performance indicators (KPI) for our external suppliers.
- Performs cycle counts on purchased material to determine both inventory accuracy and to identify problem areas that need to be addressed.
- Replenish stock in all picking locations on a routine basis.
- Keep dock area and rack storage areas clear of debris with goods neatly stacked.
- Perform against internal performance metrics that will be posted and used for continuous improvement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Above average forklift driving skills
- Attention to detail required in testing and identifying correct item and quantity.
- Material identification is extremely critical to detect quality issues.
- Basic computer skills required to operate scan gun and receiving programs on computer.
- Good math skills required to count and inventory items.
- Initiative needed to drive your own performance. Direct supervision is always available but is not over your shoulder.
- Ability to operate banding equipment, stretch-wrap machine, scales, dock boards, staple gun, bolt cutters, pallet jacks, Wave, stand up and sit down forklift, WMS platform, barcode scan gun, calculator, wire stripper, micrometer, band mike, pin gauges
If you or anyone you know meets the qualifications above please click apply now! You can also email your resume to JESH715@kellyservices.com to quick apply
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.