**Contract to hire**
- Works on continuous improvement efforts related to increasing manufacturing productivity. Utilizes Lean Six Sigma methodology as appropriate to solve problems in a data-driven, fact based, and sustainable manner.
- Monitors process equipment to identify potential gaps and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems
- Evaluates downtime trends and works to implement sustainable solutions to reduce downtime, reduce meantime between failures, and minimize maintenance costs.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency, safety, yield, quality and production rates
- Troubleshoots process problems in a timely manner, Develops and updates the technical content of process operating procedures to ensure that the documentation is accurate and meets regulatory requirements for content.
- Works with the training manager to develop training materials for new and changed installations.
- Recommends and champions process changes/MOCs, which improve OEE, product quality, safety, and reduce product costs.
- Implements small capital (<$100,000) projects
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering and 3+ years of related experience
- Previous experience as a process, production, or plant engineer at a chemical production facility.
- Able to put Safety of self and others, as a number one priority
- Lean Manufacturing (Toyota Production system) Training and/or Six Sigma Green Belt or higher Certification with successful completion of several process improvement projects (>$250,000 in actual savings)
- Proficient in statistical analysis tools and Design of Experiments.
- Understanding of PSM and RMP regulations as they relate to daily manufacturing operations.
- Ability to develop a conceptual design for small improvement projects in sufficient detail for preliminary feasibility screening.
- Basic cost estimation skills and understanding of production cost models.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, to accomplish goals.
- Ability to understand complex information, quantitative and qualitative, Able to speak clearly, and persuasively, to all audiences.
- Works within approved budget and schedule constraints.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.