Electronics Technician I - SMT Technician I This position is responsible for monitoring, evaluating, reporting, and improving the performance of all manufacturing equipment and machines. The incumbent performs evaluation, preventative and corrective maintenance, including immediate repairs on a variety of equipment utilized in the production process. As part of the Operations team, they will work with Production Line leadership, Product, Process, Quality, and Test engineers on multiple product lines supporting both commercial and Government customers.
- Maintains equipment, to include: cleaning, lubrication, minor repairs and adjustments, programming and determining appropriate action for mechanical, electrical pneumatic and hydraulic equipment failures.
- Operates/troubleshoots SMT equipment to include printer, adhesive station, chip shooter, pick & place, reflow oven, X-Ray, wash, router, de-panel unit, AOI unit, paste height and measurement.
- Assists with compilation and analysis of cell board product yield and supports engineering continuous improvement efforts.
- Accurately enters data associated with the SMT process. Monitors/improves SMT line process activities.
- Interfaces with engineering to incorporate changes and cost savings.
- Reads/interprets electronic assembly drawings, layouts, Bills of Materials, SOD’s and ISO Procedures.
- Provides OJT to employees working in SMT area.
- Supports production delivery requirements, by developing and reviewing visual control charts, assisting continuous improvement efforts.
- Identifies root cause, and systematically solves issues on equipment and end product, aiding engineers, other technicians, and operators.
- Ensures that equipment complies with departmental and company standards.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- AAS or vocational certificate in a technical program, preferred
- IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 certifications, preferred
- Working knowledge of Electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical operations/systems
- May require handling or exposure to chemicals used in the production area
- Knowledge of tolerances of 25 mils center to center
- Ability to interpret layouts
Please Apply within or Contact Matthew.Werner@kellyservices.com
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.