South San Francisco, CA
An entry level Animal Care Technician position is available with the Vivarium Team at biotech research lab. This biotech company conducts first-in-class preclinical research through innovative approaches to animal housing, facility management and contract research. This position requires the candidate to be highly motivated and work independently in a fast-paced work environment. Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to use computer, familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Legible writing skills and ability to keep well-documented, accurate work records.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in basic mathematical computation i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a high-paced, quality service environment.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Ability to apply principles of sanitation and disinfection.
- Must have a general understanding of the importance of ethical use of animals in research.
- After training, able to perform assigned tasks without supervision.
- After training, able to operate and maintain equipment related with animal care.
- Flexible to adjust work schedule to accommodate varying workloads. Flexibility to work varying schedules, including weekends, holiday, and evenings to accommodate business needs.
- Excellent work ethic and must be a team player.
- Requires a reliable mode of personal transportation
- Dexterity of physical condition to operate all job duties.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift more than 50 Ibs.
Key Tasks Responsibilities
- Responsible for the physical environment for a group of assigned laboratory animals and provide routine husbandry.
- Keep vivarium supervisors and managers and upper management abreast of vivarium operations.
- Work with cage and rack washer and autoclave machines.
- Perform routine animal health observation.
- Receive animals and maintain records of animal delivery from vendors.
- Maintain facility cleanliness.
- Maintain vivarium areas in accordance with company policies, standard operating procedures, and NIH guidelines.
- Maintain accurate supply and equipment inventories for assigned areas of the vivarium and storage rooms, which includes receiving and distributing various shipments of different weights.
- Maintain accurate records in a legible and organized manner health checking and facility records
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.