Quality Control (QC) Inspector, San Diego, CA
- This individual oversees/supports/performs routine and special assignments as requested for visual, dimension and functional inspections, line clearance and first articles per inspection instructions while maintaining efficiency of manufacturing operations.
- Documents and reports inspection findings/results and monitors corrective actions to inspection findings.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Monitors departmental documentation and activities, quality records and transactions in the operating system.
- Reviews, approves and maintains Device History Records for all manufacturing functions in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Ensures quality standards/regulations are upheld and applies regulatory and QSRs/ISO knowledge to daily activities.
- Monitors quality requirements in accordance with the company quality Assurance policies and customer specifications.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed in inspection equipment.
- Actively leads the shift in achieving departmental and company objectives.
- Leads shift/team activities in improvement efforts, both specific and of a more global nature.
- Acts as intermediary with management to communicate suggestions for improvements and provide feedback on team performance.
- Provides documented training within the shift/department including temporary/contract employees.
- Initiates Non-Conforming Materials Reports NCMR s as required and performs trending of key inspection process metrics.
- Effectively organized personnel within the shift/dept. on system changes/daily tasks.
- Individuals may also be trained as back-up personnel to support QC Receiving/Inspection as needed.
- Must be able to read and interpret specifications and part drawing.
- Perform first article inspections to support component Qualification Test Plans QTP s .
- Closes NCMR and work orders in LN per standard procedures.
- Performs and Documents Hourly Inspections Reviews Documents for Completeness, Approves and Files Performs and Documents Line Clearance
- Perform and Document Training, Ensures Integrity and Consistency on Shift, Interfaces with Management.
- Lead Shift Improvement and Problem Resolution Efforts.
- Troubleshooting - Investigate and Resolves Daily Issues
- Develops inspection plans in conjunction with Production area Quality Engineer.
- Supports QTP execution for new components.
- Performs, Documents and Files First Articles and Retention Samples Administrative Meetings
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Manufacturing - Communicates with all levels of personnel on routine and non-routine issues. Resolves quality issues or elevates as appropriate to management. Primary shift interface with manufacturing leads/supervisor regarding quality issues, decision-making and process improvements. Actively supports operations through formal and informal meetings and actively involved with shift management to ensure a professional atmosphere and desired Company quality culture.
- Process Group Leaders - Interacts to prioritize and process documents and resolves issues. Acts as a department/shift representative for any routine or non-routine issues.
- Quality Engineers/Engineering - Support troubles
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Email Alex at Aleo431@KellyScientific.com for More Info.
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.