Technical Training Editor
Kelly Services is looking for an editor for our top client in Austin to help shape its worldwide tech-support training. You’ll join a world-class team of developers and editors whose goal is to create training that is engaging, clear, concise, and targeted.
You should enjoy playing a supportive, collaborative role on an efficient, fast-paced team. You'll manage multiple projects that have tight deadlines, so you should be diligent, organized, and able to work with minimal direction. Although you'll follow established workflows, you should be flexible and innovative. As you partner with your developers, you'll rely heavily on your critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as your sense of humor and tact.
Start date: 6/8/2020
This position is based in Austin, TX.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and diplomatically in oral and written forms
- Expertise in Associated Press or Chicago style (grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, and punctuation)
- Experience editing and writing training content for adult learners
- Able to edit training content to detect and correct issues with structure, comprehension, and mechanics
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail
- Able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable
- Proven ability to articulate editing recommendations and collaborate daily with content developers
- Effectively manages multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality around business projects and foster key business relationships
- Able to work independently, be proactive, and build credibility with stakeholders
- Possesses passion for providing a great user experience
- Proficiency with HTML editors and word-processing software
- Perform substantive edits on online and classroom training that is delivered to an adult learning audience.
- Edit content to be clear, direct, friendly, concise, and simple.
- Become intimately familiar with Apple style guides and processes, as well as corporate, legal, and departmental editing guidelines.
- Work with your fellow editors and cross-functional teams to create and evolve style guides, internal job aids, and internal training.
- Be a stickler for details while never losing focus on the goals of the content and the organization.
- Collaborate with several different teams and individuals to apply consistent standards and elevate writing quality.
- Analyze your developers' writing trends and give constructive feedback.
- Contribute to the improvement of team processes, checklists, and templates.
- Coach new training developers on the editing process.
- Direct experience coaching and collaborating with writers
- Current or previous experience with contact centers
- Experience editing content that will be translated into other languages
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with instructional design methodologies
- Experience with web-authoring and multimedia tools
- Flexible work schedule during seasonal "crunch times"
- Ability to travel3+ years in a role as n editor preferred
- 3+ years in a role as an editor preferred
- BA/BS degree in a related field and 8+ years relevant work experience
- MA/MS degree in a related field and 5+ years relevant work experience
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.