Quality Control (QC) Assay, San Diego, CA
Position Type: 1 year contract
Pay rate: $16 to 18/hr
Shift: Second Shift; 2PM to 10:30PM
This individual is primarily responsible for performing Quality Control testing products at various stages of Production. This includes both routine (SOP) and special assignments, as well as documentation of findings/results for attachment to Device History Records. Additionally, this individual will lend support as necessary to the daily QC Chemistry core functions - Stability Studies, Raw Material Testing, Proficiency Testing, and Customer Complaints.
- Performs and documents QC Sofia Testing of WIP Production Lots and special evaluation assignments.
- Support daily QC Chemistry core functions as needed.
- Performs and documents 1st article functional Sofia Final Kit QC Testing.
- Support new Sofia product development/improvement projects.
- General housekeeping and laboratory organization.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Works and communicates effectively and professionally with others.
- Capable of working and communicating with other departments regarding testing activities.
- Operate laboratory equipment safely, as trained and directed, in accordance with established practices.
- Train new Quality Control Technicians.
- Quality Control Chemists/Supervisor - Collaborate on the development of weekly work schedules and maintaining timelines in meeting QC, Production, and Corporate goals. This includes both QC Chemistry and Sofia Test Group functions.
- Manufacturing - Communicates with various levels of personnel throughout activities performed to ensure results are available for disposition according to Production plans.
- Materials & Warehousing - Collaborate to procure daily use materials via Stock Issue.
- R & D - Ensure Quality Systems support for product development and product improvement projects, including validation testing, stability study execution, and documentation.
- Quality Engineering - Collaborate with QE to provide factual information in a timely manner in support of QC process improvement and troubleshooting efforts.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics are representative of an office, laboratory, and manufacturing environment and include handling of viral and bacterial hazards, potentially hazardous chemicals, as well as infectious or potentially infectious bodily fluids, tissues and samples. Flexible work hours to meet project deadlines.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Grace at 714.253.7656 or schedule a time to connect directly follow the link: https://calendly.com/gracepiper/15min-1
Kelly® Science is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly complies with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative. A conviction record does not automatically bar individuals from employment.