Kelly Scientific is actively seeking a Laboratory Technician in Fresh Water Biology for a great opportunity in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Monday -Friday, 7am-3:30pm
6 month contract
Will require Weekends and Holidays
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the collection, bioassay testing and data analysis
- Receive water samples using EPA, State of California analytical procedures and QA/QC protocols to determine conformance requirements
- Prepare standard solutions and reagents
- Inspect, adjust, clean, maintain and operate laboratory equipment
- Assists with special research projects
- Operate computers for the input and processing of data
- Keeps laboratory records and prepares laboratory reports;
- Collects samples from treatment facilities, rivers, and ground waters;
- Performs related duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Marine Biology, Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Toxicology or Applied Ecology and at least 3 months industry experience in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of the principles of marine and freshwater acute and chronic bioassay procedures and sampling techniques
- Knowledge of Statistics, Toxicology and QA/QC protocols
- Experience in laboratory research including processing of data
- Ability to work well with others
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.