Kelly Scientific is actively seeking a Laboratory Technician in Fresh Water Biology for a great opportunity in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Monday -Friday, 7am-3:30pm
6 month contract
Will require Weekends and Holidays
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the collection, bioassay testing and data analysis
- Receive water samples using EPA, State of California analytical procedures and QA/QC protocols to determine conformance requirements
- Prepare standard solutions and reagents
- Inspect, adjust, clean, maintain and operate laboratory equipment
- Assists with special research projects
- Operate computers for the input and processing of data
- Keeps laboratory records and prepares laboratory reports;
- Collects samples from treatment facilities, rivers, and ground waters;
- Performs related duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Marine Biology, Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Toxicology or Applied Ecology and at least 3 months industry experience in a laboratory environment
- Understanding of the principles of marine and freshwater acute and chronic bioassay procedures and sampling techniques
- Knowledge of Statistics, Toxicology and QA/QC protocols
- Experience in laboratory research including processing of data
- Ability to work well with others
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 97 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career— connect with us today.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014. Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Download WorkWire™, a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.