Cell and Molecular Biology Lab Technician ** Experience with Mouse Models ** NIH ** Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Cell and Molecular Biology Lab Technician to work with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractor shall:
(1) Work with Principal Investigator and senior staff to manage the day-to-day operation of the laboratory; coordinate activities of diverse laboratory research projects, personnel and laboratory safety; ensure availability of equipment and supplies.
(2) Participate in planning for future equipment and personnel needs.
(3) Provide general laboratory support including maintaining equipment and supplies
(4) Independently plan, develop and implement assigned experiments and protocols.
(5) Recommend methods and develop and/or modify methods and procedures to meet the experimental objectives.
(6) Perform cryopreservation techniques on various human and/or mammalian cells. Maintain databased inventory records of cell line/tissues stored.
(7) Independently manage small animal colony for future testing purposes.
(8) Participate in animal experiments, including mouse handling, injections, euthanasia, and collection of mouse tissues
(9) Conduct a full range of research experiments by performing complex procedures and techniques, including processing tissues from animals, primary cell culture from various tissues, generate antibodies, fluorescence microscopy, mammalian cell and tissue fractionation, isolation and purification of monoclonal antibodies, immunoprecipitation, enzyme linked immunoabsorbant assay (ELISA), small and large animal necropsy, small animal surgery, gene cloning, animal bleeding injection, tagging and tailing, cell/tissue culture, cytotoxicity assays, cell fractionation and subcellular isolation, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), real time PCR, western blotting.
(10) Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the mammalian cell culture and recombinant DNA technology, histological techniques and specialized research techniques throughout the life of the project.
(11) Review available literature on new methods and techniques for potential application within the laboratory.
(12) Maintain records of experimental results; work with staff to analyze and interpret data; prepare summaries of laboratory findings.
(13) Calibrate, operate, and maintain a variety of laboratory instruments used to perform tests, analyses and other laboratory procedures, including automated cell counters, autoclaves, centrifuges, densitometer, electrophoresis apparatus, fluorescent microscope, pH meter, radiation, real-time PCR machine and PCR machine, spectrophotometers (UV and Visible), spectrofluorometer, scintillation and gamma counters, sonication devices and ultracentrifuge,
(14) Support and maintain central computational biology software, databases and information dissemination products.
(15) Provide guidance, support, training and advice on computational biology systems to staff on the use of laboratory equipment and in the performance of specialized procedures/techniques and data analyses.
(16) Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
(17) Attend weekly group meetings and weekly laboratory meetings.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Master's degree in Biology, Life Science, or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master's degree
(2) Minimum of two (2) years of related experience, which includes working with mouse models
(3) Knowledge and experience in related experimental techniques.
(4) Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software including Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
(5) Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
(6) Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
(7) Knowledge of established methods and procedures for the operation of scientific equipment.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Once you have applied online to the position, if you have specific questions, you may contact us at email@example.com
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.