Job DescriptionDo you have a PASSION for TEACHING? Do want to make POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in children-s lives? Is a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE important to you? If you answered YES to these questions, we would love to talk with you to see if SUBSTITUTE TEACHING in Washington County is right for you!
As a Substitute Teacher, you will provide instruction for scheduled lessons, manage the classroom environment and promote student learning in the absence of the regular District/School classroom teacher.
Substitute Teachers work at all times under direction and supervision of District/School full time, professional employees, and shall exercise the following responsibilities:
- Report to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials.
- Follow sign in/sign out procedures as prescribed by the District/School principal.
- Assume duties of the regular District/School classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules.
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by District/School principal
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to learn and participate.
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the School/District lesson plan.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly.
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the School/District lesson plans.
- Maintain and/or assist in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly Services, District/School, state, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
- Ensures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Ability to assist implementing an instructional support program with students of varying ages and sizes.
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with District/School staff and students.
- Maintain student and school personnel confidentiality.
- Endeavors to understand and respect the values and traditions of the diverse cultures represented in the community and in the classroom.
- Manifests a positive role in school/community relations.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
Kelly Educational Staffing is the largest employer of substitute teachers nationwide. Two million classrooms are staffed by Kelly Substitutes every year. Our scheduling software is user-friendly and automated. We offer free online classroom management training, weekly pay, and we never cap hours.
- Competitive weekly electronic pay
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to schedule your assignments online or by phone
- Paid training on professional classroom management, teaching techniques, and district policies and procedures
- Online training opportunities
- Online employee community
- 401(k) plan, service bonus plan, and group-rate insurance options*
Kelly Educational Staffing (KES) is a specialty service of Kelly Services®, and the first staffing provider to develop a comprehensive education staffing solution. KES partners with 6,175+ schools across 35 states, providing quality substitute teachers and non-instructional staffing and management solutions. More than 2.2 million classrooms are filled by a KES substitute teacher each year. Want more information? Visit kellyeducationalstaffing.com
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.